Old March 30th 15, 08:24 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Terje Mathisen[_3_]

Default Training polarization (Stephen Seiler)

mnhoser wrote:
Terje, I certainly remember meeting over at Tegeders. He kind of gave
up skiing, at least competitively, a number of years ago. As for my

I do hope he's still skiing!

training, I know that I've given up on doing intervals in the summer
and even fall, and that my easy workouts have increased in speed.

I've realized a long time ago that the only polarization I would get in
off-season (i.e. winter) would be from doing easy xc skiing workouts,
like when I'm skiing with my wife Tone.

If you're only doing 30% of the total hours you should, then it is
probably best to retain those 30% as L4 interval only.

Since that trip to the twin cities I've won the Norwegian Veteran's
Orienteering Champs, when I was 44, 49, 55 and 56 years old.

Last year (i.e. when I was 57) I spent the entire year either waiting
for a pretty complicated ankle/heel operation or recuperating from it, I
hope I can get back to close to my old form this year!

I've entered the black hole. I'm sure my results would improve with
more discipline. So, I'm looking at purchasing a Garmin 310xt to get
me using a heart rate monitor again. My old polar works with my bike
receiver, but not my wrist unit.

I really like my new Garmin 620, the impact timing and stride statistics
are quite interesting, particularly when you've spent parts of the race
scrambling through heather & marshland. :-)

You guys are invited to participate over at www.xcskiforum.com. I bet
there is more traffic and I find it an easy interface.

Jay! Where's your sense of tradition & history?

Don't you know that usenet is the real origin of the internet? When my
old company got online in the early eighties it was via a 64 Kbit/s link
to the university in Bergen, and it was done specifically so they could
join some usenet groups. :-)

The newsfeed was transferred over UUCP (unix-to-unix copy program), a
long time before TCPIP or DNS names.

Terje

- Terje.Mathisen at tmsw.no