Old November 6th 13, 04:04 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe

Default Zermat

Ace wrote:
[...]
I have to say I'm not a huge fan of the place, and share some of the
reservations of others. Queues are nothing like as bad as they used to
be, and connections between areas likewise, due to lift system
improvements over the last few years, but for me it's just got too
many people.

[...]
In its favour, Zermatt does have some decent, ski-accessibls
off-piste, but the best stuff (for me) is glacier terrain, much of
which is only really accessible by helicopter, and for that I'd much
rather stay on the Itlaian side, in Gressoney, for example, and enjoy
the 15km of off-piste tracks back there from Cervinia.

[...]

Seconded.