Old May 29th 08, 06:35 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Bob F

Default Elan Vector 157

"Your Mom Says" wrote in message
My advice...just buy bad gear...used even if you can, until you get good. It
doesnt make sence to me to spend lots of money of great gear, when you suck.
You can learn just as well on a setup that costs 200$ as one that costs 700$.
And then when you get good, and you have ruined your board by running over
stones or crashing into things, then you can buy that expensive gear and know
enough not to ruin it. But thats just me...

Bad equipment will definately slow learning. But then again, a beginner doesn't
want a stiff, edgy racing board. Boots with enough stiffness to allow good edge
control are helpfull. But then again, it all depends on the type of riding you
want to do.

Good lessons will help more than just about anything in the learning process.
Doing things the right way makes everything easier, with less crashes.