Old February 11th 04, 05:44 PM
Monique Y. Herman

On 2004-02-11, mark penned:

If you are skiing well, moving your body in the direction of the turn
instead of leaning back into the hill, a steeper slope will be easier
to make turns on.

Funny, huh?

Leaning back was my major vice just a few days (of skiing) ago. Last
year, a blue mogul run would reduce me to tears, I would be so
frustrated and scared. What I'm doing now is just plain amazing.

Sounds like you're skiing quite nicely. With practice, "a few turns,
stop, etc." will evolve into more and more turns, until you're linking
turns top to bottom.

That's what I hope. My s.o. suggested that, next time we ski, we find a
nice bump run and go down with rules. First run, link two turns each
time. Second run, three. etc ...

--
monique