Old February 11th 04, 02:16 PM
Gamma

I completely hear this. I'm a new-new-newbie and... well, the "bunny
slope" was about 10 feet long and shallow, but the "next step up" slope
had one steep(er) hill. Of course, everyone fell, scraping the powder
off. Then more people fell because they couldn't slow down, scraping the
powder off...

My mum, who went skiing with me, also reports that the big "slow" signs
don't work. Apparently if you go over one it bends down and pops back up
just like when someone crashes on TV, and leaves you going at the same
speed.

You forgot "sitting"...

Monique Y. Herman wrote:

snip
Actually, though, some greens can end up being pretty demanding --
they're heavily travelled, so they're either bare in places or icy.
They're mostly flat, but there are big "slow" signs to keep you from
picking up speed to carry you through the flat areas (granted, I
understand that new skiers shouldn't have to deal with people treating
their area as a race course). And there are tons of obstacles, er,
people scattered across the run, moving erratically, falling, etc. that
you have to avoid.