Old October 28th 04, 03:01 AM
Walt

TCS wrote:
GO PISTONS!!! BACK TO BACK!!!

?? what sport? Oh wait, I vaguely remember the Fort Wayne Pistons -
basketball, right? Or was it softball?

I do remember that at the time all the pistons for Detroit Iron were made in
Fort Wayne - hence the nickname. And that also explains why parts of Indiana
stay on Eastern (Michigan) time.

uh...not quite. Most of Indiana is in the Eastern time zone. It's
mostly just a longitude thing - proximity to Cincinatti and Louisville
probably play a bigger part than proximity to Detroit. The four
counties in the Northwestern corner of the state are in the Central
Time Zone due to their proximity to Chicago. The southeast corner is
Central time too.

The confusing thing is that the Hoosiers havent't been clued in to the
concept of Daylight Savings Time and stay on standard time all year
round. Which makes it hard to figure out what time it is in Indiana.
Just as well, since there aren't any [ob]ski slopes there worth
bothering with.

Aint trivia fun?

It's more fun if you get it right.

--