Old May 10th 10, 07:08 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Cartman

Default Scott Abraham Syndrome

In article
,
Richard Henry wrote:

In another website not too far away, I characterized another poster as
suffering from "Scott Abraham Syndrome". His particular
characteristic was accusing me of lying and then not being able or
willing to provide any concrete examples.

That got me to thinking - other than empty accusations or insinuations
of lying, what other behaviors belong in the SAS definition?

This already well described:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delusional

The problem with delusions is you can't talk people out of them.
Anything you say to them becomes part of the delusion.

Think of a delusional mind as a big hot fire. Almost anything you throw
into it to "cool it down" become part of the fire and actually makes it
burn hotter.

The novel "Shutter Island" (and to a lesser degree, the movie) do a good
job of describing a delusion from the "inside."