Old December 24th 10, 05:25 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Default SNS Bindings Hard to Open after Skiing

On Fri, 24 Dec 2010 09:42:53 -0800 (PST)
EdV wrote:

Hi,
I need some help with binding maintenance (I guess). My skis have
Salomon SNS backcountry bindings and one of them is very hard to
release after skiing. Is it just a matter of lubricating the
regularly or do they need to be disassembled and cleaned
periodically?

Manual or auto? Leaving aside snow sticking inside, my experience
with these bindings is that there's not much to clean, it's a matter of
lubricating once or twice a year, at most. If you've taken any falls,
the boot pin or binding connection could have gotten slightly bent and
that could cause such problems. You might also ask over at
rec.skiing.backcountry.

Gene