Old December 5th 05, 05:01 AM

Ibk" wrote in message
Skiing in Vt this winter. Have only been to Co a few times and always in
spring.
The local shops here tell me that We'll be fine with our shell type
jackets / pants with lt wt chilis and fleece. Is this correct?

If you have shells, you can always layer up or down with
clothes underneath the shell.

I have several shells, mostly all I use is shells. It's nice to
change the look now and then you know.

But you *need* waterproof/breathable *membranes*
in the pants and windshell, like gore tex, helly tech, etc.
Columbia, North Face, etc, all make clothes that use
the gore tex type membrane. It will pass water as a vapor,
but not as a liquid. Good stuff.

Waterproof breathable "coatings" are useless.

If your shells don't have the membrane, you might just get wet
and miserable.

You should be able to pay retail sixty to eighty bucks for pants,
only nylon and membrane, no insulation, about the same for the
jacket. Since these are usually spring items, you could maybe
even save money this time of year.

"