Old July 2nd 03, 12:12 AM
Dave Stallard

Default Skier Maier to lead out Tour de France

David Off wrote:

Yeah, it has to be Lance again but this may be the last one. The big
guys always crack eventually, and when the fall it is usually pretty
devastating.

Like Indurain. Everyone thought he was going to win a 6th TdF, and they
had even set up the route for him so as to run part way through Spain,
almost as a tribute, or so I've read. He seemed invincible. But as we
know, he came completely apart, wound up in 10th place, and retired from
the sport that year. Right now, I'm betting that Lance will avoid that
fate, and go on to win 6 Tours, and then retire. But who knows? It's
got to take its toll, physically, mentally, and personally.

Dave