Old May 11th 13, 01:25 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Jim[_3_]

Default Classic Roller Skis: Swenor v. Ski-Go v. V2

For what it's worth, I have some experience with both V2 and Swenor.

I have a pair of the original V2-900s with steel shaft and VERY slow wheels that I use from on a hill right outside of my house. They have no brakes, but the wheels are slow enough that I can ski back done the hill without too much danger of getting out of control (just a little alpine-type back and forth).

The pair I use most are Swenor Fiberglass with the medium-speed wheels. I use these nearly every day from my office on a flat 10-mile ski along the Charles River in Boston. Although these wheels are notably faster than the ones on my V2-900s I definitely don't feel like I'm not getting a sufficient workout!! There is often a 10+ mph headwind along the river and I really would not want to work any harder than I do at those times. Another more personal comment is that I enjoy the exhilaration of being able to ski reasonably fast on these skis, getting a satisfying return for my effort. It's that fun aspect that keeps me out there every day.