Old August 18th 03, 01:17 PM
kayakclc

Default Running or Cycling

If I have a high cycling lactate threshold will it take long to transfer
this over to running?

In my experience you should give yourself 2 weeks. It always seems to
take my body 1-2 weeks to "make the conversion". I'm not a racer and I
don't study training methods but I've done a lot of different things
and have had to "make the conversion" many times. For example, I was
running about a 5:40 pace when I went into a period of not running for
6 months but I was jumping rope 5 days a week. When I started running
again every training run for the 1st week felt like crap but was a PB
(no rythm, quads felt slow - calves felt fast). The 2nd week the runs
started to feel better and I continued to set new PB's. By the end of
the 2 weeks I was running 5:20's. That's almost 2 min. off my training
runs.

Anyway your conditioning will transfer from one to the other!!!