Old August 16th 03, 01:06 PM
Bob Creasote

Default Running or Cycling

Hi

What is better for training, running or cycling? How long is a piece of
string? :O)

I find that I can recover much quicker when cycling because
1. Get more time in, hence better for endurance and
2. I get very little, if any, muscular soreness from intense sessions.

It would seem though that running is the norm for dry land training amongst
the quick guys. (maybe that's not right though....)

If I do my Anaerobic Threshold efforts on the bike, will this translate well
onto the skis? On the other hand, if I do my theshold efforts whilst running
(say 2 times a week) and then ride the rest of the time, will my AT rise on
the bike? (and at the same time on the skis). I like doing both running and
cycling so I want to keep doing both but at the same time gain max. possible
fitness.

Do (m)any of the top guys forego the running for the bike and rollerskis?

thanks

Bob