Old January 11th 04, 10:35 PM
pigo

Default Car hire in Utah

"Alan Rowland" wrote in message
I'm planning my first ski trip from the UK to the US, staying in Salt Lake
City from Mar3-17, and driving to all the local resorts, and I'm about to
organise a hire car. I have a couple of questions: do I need a 4wd or snow
chains? And which hire companies (based at the airport) would you

reccommend
for low cost? Thanks,

Al

My bil might be here about that time from Coventry.

I would get 4wd if you are coming here to ski the crap out of it. If you can
take not getting up if we get nailed it's not necessary. The other option
would be to take the bus up if we get nailed. 2wd will almost always get you
to the bus stop at the bottom of the canyon. Personally? The few extra bucks
are worth it. The few thousand extra I pay for a 4wd truck is justified the
first time I push the button and don't have to get out and dig or push. But
budget is a consideration. If it takes 2wd to be able to afford the trip,
it's doable.

Look me up when it gets close. We'll go have a warm one.

pigo