Old October 20th 03, 07:54 PM
Wm...

Default RFD: create unmoderated newsgroup uk.rec.skiing

Sun, 19 Oct 2003 13:01:38
uk.net.news.config Ian Spare

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 23:41:00 +0100, "Wm..."
wrote:

Not the point at all. If sufficient people want the group in uk.* and
the naming is sorted out it will happen. Dilution of
rec.skiing.resorts.europe isn't an issue for people concerned with the
uk.* hierarchy.

It was the point enough that the RFD was posted into RSRE. If it's not
connected then I'm a loss to see why it was posted there.

Because we like things to be discussed openly and the proponent
(sensibly) included "your" (note the inverted commas) group in the
crosspost.

If you
objected to the RFD being posted in in RSRE then take it up with the
poster.

I don't. I might have objected if the proponent hadn't included
relevant groups though.

It's totally mindless to objiect to the RSRE becuase it doesn't have a
UK prefix.

The RFD is not an objection to any existing group.

Baring a few mindless bigots I can't see who might start
posting to a ski group just becuase it's got a uk prefix

People in the UK looking for a UK orientated group to discuss snowsports
seems obvious.

so the best
you hope for is take traffic out RSRE which does reduce it and for
what?

Maybe people in the uk would prefer a group of their own? We'll see.
The "taking of traffic" from "your" group is a non-issue. My best
advice is if the people move follow them -- but we haven't got there
yet.

--
Wm ...