Old December 22nd 04, 03:18 PM
Gene Goldenfeld

I've been using the new Rex grip tape (universal - 10-40F) and it works
pretty well. Ahvo of Finn Sisu says it should last about 150k. I've
now skied four sessions with it, two on man-made and two on natural
snow. The latter had some new snow, so I put some Toko blue over it the
first day and turquoise (cold) the second. What I've noticed is skiing
w/o poles on steeper inclines is the grip breaks down, but I've yet to
determine to what degree that's the wax, conditions or me. Ahvo says
the tape is fine for racing, but performance can be improved with a
little fluro powder on top per conditions, application still in the
experimental stage.

Gene