Old November 11th 04, 04:01 PM
Roger

(NIALLBRUCE) wrote in message ...
Any chat on whether the "premium" skis offered by most hire-shops are worth the
extra? I know that it's not the most urgent topic of discussion but it affects
everyone. On average, the "premium" skis demand a 40 pound premium. I've read
the sales pitch from the manufacturers and hire companies but would be
interested to hear about someone's own experience.

Are the 'technological' advancements significant? If so, how do they affect our
skiing? Is there a material difference?

Do they affect different people in different ways ie. depending on their
ability or style of skiing?

I don't know what standard of skiier I am. I'm just learning how to carve.
Should I opt for the "premium" option?? (nb, I am a student - poor!!)

Has anyone tried the twin-tipped skis? I've seen a few kids use them at the
local dry slope. Do they allow freestyle skiing without any sacrifices? In
particular, do they affect the traditional 'freeride' functionality?

Thanks for any replies!

Niall

Hi Niall

Considering it's a 'skiing' holiday, the skis are really the most
important thing as they facilitate the purpose of the holiday.

I can't see the point in spending all that money on travel, food,
accommodation, lift pass etc only to save a few quid on skis that have
seen better days.

I always go for the premium skis not only for the reason above but
also because they are the best, therefore easier (or more rewarding)
to ski on and are thus less effort!