Old June 3rd 06, 03:47 PM

On Fri, 02 Jun 2006 19:09:39 -0700, The Real Bev wrote:

Walt wrote:

Richard Henry wrote:

I have started accessing rsa through google groups (groups.google.com)
this week because 1) my local ISP dropped rsa when they picked up rsam
(yes, I have complained) 2) my news.individual.net one-year
subscription that I started last year when I was out of town for a
while has expired.

I avoided google groups last year becuse of its ugly web interface and
clumsy post-quoting method. However, things seem to be better now.

Wrong! Moreover, the users think they're right. Just like AOL all over
again. At least I haven't seen anybody wondering where to find the warez.

BTW, one of my isp's dropped usenet altogether, and my other isp is so
inept that their newsserver is always broken. To make a long story short
I found myself in the market for a new newsfeed. After doing a bit of
research I found Forte News Service for about 3 bucks a month and so far
I'm pretty happy with it.

Charter subs out its news service to somebody called highwinds. They
inexplicably dropped, among other groups, rec.humor.funny and
rec.skiing.announce. They know they did it, they just don't know how to
fix the problem. Sounds odd, eh?

I believe that's:
http://www.1usenet.com/ afaik they are an NNTPServer reseller.
They suspended my posting ability for "spamming"
[spamming is apparently also defined as teasing Richard Scoville]

Now, I'll just wait patiently for the return of [ob] snow.

Yeah. How long can summer last, anyway?