Old October 27th 03, 10:29 PM
Sue

Default RFD: create unmoderated newsgroup uk.rec.skiing

In message , PG
writes

The worst result of an unnecessary 'Yes' vote is an empty group that
gets removed later. The worst result of a pointless 'No' vote is that
some people are denied the place of comunication that they desire. I
know which I prefer.

Worse still, the possibility the both suffer to the point of non-viability.
Which directly affects those that use or are likely to use these ngs, but is

It's difficult to imagine rsre dying out, so long as its core group (the
expats, basically) stays together. Since you aren't falling out with
each other, you've little to worry about.

(I've studied the workings of a variety of self-organised groups in an
effort to understand why my employers can't get anything done.
Successful SOGs always have a group as their centre of gravity, never an
individual. There are some special circs for Usenet which act against
newly-formed newsgroups, so the odds are that Ace is right, but it's
also true that the only way of finding out whether this one has a
snowflake's chance in a nightclub is to let them form it and see.)
--
Sue ];(