Old August 8th 03, 05:00 PM
Mike T

Default Fakie board recommendation

Which is really what I don't get. Surely we the "adults"[1] have the
disposable income to blow on boards/bindings/etc. For sure a lot of
kids want to get into the "scene", but the percentage of them that have
good jobs themselves or parents willing to shell out that sort of cash
must be small.

You'd be surprised at the numbers of kids here in the States whose parents
shell out for things like snowboards that sit in the closet. Also, think
about it - the ideal customer is one who buys the product and then displays
it proudly on their wall and rarely rides it - less customer service, less
warranty returns, etc! There are countless kids in suburban America who
will do just that, and whose parents shell out for it time and time again.
(Yes, their are many times that number who can't afford to snowboard at
all... but I digress....)

[2] Greatest movie line ever from Heathers: "My teenage angst bull****
has a body count".

CLASSIC!!!!!!