Old October 22nd 15, 11:40 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Default Telluride?

Angelfire is an excellent choice for easy intermediate skiiers. It may be a little flat for some folks, but if it is, Red River is just around the corner and has a few more challenging areas and the most fun I've ever had on intermediate slopes was at Red River.

But -- should Red River also be too flat, Zzzz is also right around the corner, and if the snow is decent, it's world-class. Bob Lee, John Red-Horse, and I can point you to some good stashes, but it's not free (no, your money is NO GOOD on this one) and you'll have to be comfortable on double-black steeps at 12,000 feet to get to them.

No avvy beacon needed -- it's all in-bounds and almost all lift-served. But you will want to ski in pairs, because you want a witness to your bragging rights. And as we like to say in Texas, "Hey bubba! Watch THIS!!"

Jim in Hell

On Thursday, October 22, 2015 at 5:50:44 PM UTC-5, The Real Bev wrote:
Another suggestion: Angelfire in NM. Some newbie friends went there
and had a great time.