Old October 24th 03, 11:42 PM
stuart

Default ski equipment prices

"Alex Heney" wrote in message
On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 18:32:41 GMT, "stuart"
wrote:

"G" wrote in message
I am skiing in Banff over the Christmas and New year and was wondering

how
prices are compared to here in the UK as I want to buy
a) some new ski's
b) new ski jacket (Spyder)
Anyone help??????

I would NEVER buy anything other than a cup of coffee in Banff. Try

Calgary,
or better yet, Edmonton.

Presumably, then you live in the area, and have your own transport?

For anyone going from the UK, doing as you suggest would cost a days
skiing, plus the cost of transport to Calgary or Edmonton. (Most
people travelling to ski in Canada from UK will be on a package trip,
with transfers from airport to hotel included, but no other "side"
trips included.

Most resorts are rip-offs compared to shops in the cities a few miles
away. But they are banking on the fact that most people buying
equipment while on a ski trip are doing so at least partly because of
proxi,mity to the slopes. They can try them out, and go back for
adjustments if necessary, without losing much ski time.
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
I'll jump off that bridge when I come to it.

To reply by email, my address is aDOTjDOTheneyATbtinternetDOTcom