Old January 5th 11, 04:16 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Default getting around in the Aspen area

Does anyone have experience with the free nordic trail system between
Aspen and Carbondale, CO? Looks like it's all on golf courses which
does not strike me as an exciting place to ski, but I could be wrong.
Are there any "interesting", i.e. hilly, groomed trails there? Also,
how good is the public transportation there? Me and my wife will be
staying in cheaper Carbondale (could not care less about being close
to diesel-powered ski lifts and boutiques) and are thinking to ditch
car rental.