Old December 19th 06, 09:26 AM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Switters

Default Keepin' it real...

On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 20:41:26 GMT, Christopher Cox
allegedly wrote:

Switters wrote:
By "ladder" are you referring to the toothed strap? I've only known
these to break on old bindings after a number of years, and that's
why I carry spares with me.

Yes, exactly.

OK, thanks... maybe I should add that to the FAQ terminology section

I go through a set every year with the TechNine's and SnowPro's. Tooth
damage is why I am trying out Ride's Tomcats and Nitro's Raidens. Both
have a wheel that makes contact with the strap so it is more difficult
for the ratchet to bite in a little sideways damaging a tooth.

It just seems to be a case of cheaper or lighter plastic - this never
happened with my first Burton Freestyle bindings - they lasted 6
seasons, and although various bits were replaced, never did the straps
get chewed up.

These Missions are the only ones it's happened with, but I'm glad (in a
way) that it's happening to you as well.

I see you tighten up your bindings till your toes go blue as well!
Glad to see I am not the only one.

It's only the heel strap that I really crank down, although that depends
on the conditions. The toe strap, which is now a toe "cap" on the
Missions, I've never found to be that important.

- Dave.

http://www.vpas.org.uk/ - Snowboarding the worlds pow pow.
Donek Sasquatch 162, Prior Pow 181, Burton Canyon 162

The Snowboard FAQ lives here - http://www.vpas.fsnet.co.uk/rssFAQ/