Old March 5th 10, 01:09 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
VtSkier[_3_]

Default Things are pretty slow here, everybody must be on the slopes

lal_truckee wrote:
On 3/4/10 7:03 PM, VtSkier wrote:
lal_truckee wrote:
On 3/3/10 7:15 AM, Walt wrote:
The Real Bev wrote:
On 03/02/2010 08:02 PM, wrote:

...not seeing much
skiing info here so hope everyone is out on the slopes.

Please note edit.

Beautiful day in SoCal today. Simpson clouds and everything.

I just got back from the second of two consecutive long weekends up
north - yesterday made it 9 out of past 12 days on skis. It's almost
like being one of those retired geezers. And the truly amazing thing
was
that 5 of the 9 days were sunny blue skies - highly unusual for the
lake
effect area.

Hope everyone else is getting in their allotment of turns. Remember you
only get about 80 trips around the sun, don't let this one go to waste.

Only got 18 days in February - don't know how I wasted the other 10.
The apres ski brews were uniformly excellent.

Did you get my email that a friend of mine
was heading in your direction? I can't
remember if John was one of the crew that
skied with Walt when he was here last year.
Oh, yeah, the dude coming your way is John.

Got your email - if he's in neighborhood he's being treated to 30 inches
of fresh California moderate; not cement, but not Utah fluff either.
We're enjoying it.

I haven't heard from him yet, but life is long...

Indeed it is but I think this is his flight day.

Also, hooking up with you will be very much an
"if I feel like it" situation. Have fun with your
new stuff.

We had a three foot dump of Cascade Concrete here
in New England. Last week Thursday was interesting
to say the least. A little fluff on the goo. High
winds, drifts blocking lifts, whole lots of things
making life in the mountains difficult.

Worked out and skied out by the weekend. Best
features were lots and lots of big soft bumps
which skied beautifully. The other plus is that
all man-made snow is now covered with the real
stuff resulting in almost no ice (also called
boiler plate around here). There is a little
powder (actually loose snow) left in the woods
but it isn't very pleasant. Trails that haven't
been open or at least worthwhile are now open
and GOOD. We skied Devil's Fiddle at Killington
Tuesday and had a great time. I also understand
that Ovation headwall is in fine shape but
didn't get over there.

Pico yesterday was particularly fun and almost
totally uninhabited. What are people thinking?
..