Old December 24th 09, 07:06 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Colin Irvine[_4_]

Default Gloves

On Thu, 24 Dec 2009 19:11:58 +0100, Ace squeezed out the following:

On Thu, 24 Dec 2009 17:37:28 +0000, Colin Irvine
wrote:

The only downsides seem to be they're not Goretex, which I've always
had so far, plus apparant lack of availability in the UK.

TBH in really cold weather you have absolutely no need for goretex.
There won't be any moisture on the outside and your hands won't be
sweating either. I don't currently own any serious cold gloves, but I
wouldn't be bothered about waterproofness if I only wanted them for
-15C conditions.

Fair point.

If I decide to go for Swanys then I
might wait until we're in BC (for the month, next September) and find
a Canadian stockist.

I see that they're sponsoring a few freeride skiers here in CH, and
that they have a manufacturing plant here too
http://www.swanyeurope.com/ but I can't find a list of retailers. I'd
be happy to pick some up for you if you can find a shop.

Cheers. But what a dreadfull site! I might get in touch with them
anyway and see who stocks what.

--
Colin Irvine