Old December 18th 03, 10:48 PM
T Ryan Cleary

Default salomon bindings / burton boards

Arvin Chang wrote:

The binding disks have 2 (side to side) x 3 (frnt to rear) evenly
spaced rows. They will adjust toe/heel with a 4 hole pattern and the
middle row allows you to rotate 90 degree as you said and use the
burton pattern but as you know the way they are slotted, when you do
this the toe/heel adjustment becomes an frnt/rear adjustment.

Mmm... I'm having a bit of trouble visualing the problem there are
like this

xxxxx xx0xx

xx0xx xxxxx

xxxxx xx0xx

I see, rotating 90 degrees doesn't quite work. Hmm... maybe get
generic discs...

The ASCII art is giving me a sense of deja vu...

http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...ing.google.com

I've got a few Salomon bindings...S5, SPX5, and SP4.

The mounting disks look about the same. As you said, you can have
either edge-to-edge or nose-to-tail adjustment on non-Burton (4x4
mounting) boards. Or you can only have nose-to-tail adjustment on
Burton (3D mounting) boards.

On your particular bindings, can you adjust the highback mounting
relative to the base of the binding? Some have a couple sets of holes
for connecting the highback, to accomodate different sized boots. I'm
not home right now, and I don't remember which of bindings have that
adjustment. (I have a pair of Drakes that definitely have it, but I'm
not sure about Salomon.)

-Ryan