Old February 28th 10, 08:53 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Terje Mathisen[_2_]

Default running skiers

jeff potter wrote:
On Feb 27, 4:45 pm,
wrote:
Tough to compare a Nordic combined skier, to a biathlete, to a "just" xc
skier. How fast is Demong compared to Lars Berger the biathlete, or
OEBjordalen, or a US ski team guy like Freeman?

Do the various disciplines ever ski race head to head in the US?

Are their times typically significantly different in whatever their
common distances are? Like a 10km ski race? or 4x10 relay? Maybe
conditions make a bigger difference. ?

I was thinking that maybe the various disciplines all skied, say, a
10km in Whistler at some point in similar conditions, so that we might
have a point of comparison.

If Johnny and Bill had skied any "just plain" XC 10km events in these
Olys (or whatever distance comparable we can find), how would they
have done?

Somewhere between 40 and 70 on the 15K skate is my guess.

Terje
- Terje.Mathisen at tmsw.no