Old February 10th 14, 07:58 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe

Default Schumi's crash & injury

(The Older Gentleman) wrote:

Ace wrote:

Dr. Sceptic: The fact that he has such a serious head/brain injury
demonstrates very well just how little protection his helmet gave him.

To be fair, like motorcycle helmets, ski helmets are far better at
protecting against bump-and-slide abrasion than direct impact. I don't
think there's a motorcycle helmet built that will protect against a
direct impact at much over 15kph.

@funkraum - good thread.

Cop I knew said the worst accident he ever saw as a cyclist who had
gone down the road on his face. It was all through to the bone.

Ouch ...

Q: Remember that in the late 1970s earl 1980s Axo had a advertisement
(at least they did in France) for their Moto-cross boots which said

"Axo - Much Macho"

(you remember there was a French fashion for riding a sports bike on
the road with full leathers and Moto-cross boots on the feets)

Do you remember the advert ? Am I right in remembering that the
shin-guards were green ? A different color ? Do you remember the name
of the model of boot ?