Old January 13th 05, 04:00 PM
taywood

OK Gareth
Two more links which may be of help to you and to others.

http://www.crosscountryskis.co.uk/
This is a new site, formerly EuroSki shop at Brighton who were
the only ski shop in England, the web page tells the story.

I live near Blackpool and most visits to family in Surrey meant a
quick visit to Brighton to see Tom and his latest imports.
I belong to Lakeland XC ski club but most of my skiing is done in
Scotland.

http://www.braemarmountainsports.com/
This page under construction will combine the sales from Braemar
Mountain Sports shop
and their partner shop Cairngorm Mountain Sports at Aviemore

They have a joint catalogue for 2004/2005 but their interests lie
mainly with Telemark, skitouring and alpineski mountaineering,
in keeping with the local topography.
They do carry XC equipment but tend to talk in derisory terms
of 'forest skiing'.
BUT they do have a Bargain List dated Dec 2004 which might
just have something of interest to you.

My favourite race venue is Clashindarroch Forest fostered by Huntly
Nordic Ski Club
http://www.huntly.net/hnoc and their ski centre
http://www.huntly.net/nordicski/ surprisingly, at Huntly Aberdeenshire.
Just for interest this forest collects the snow blown off the Cairngorm
massif by the prevailing westerly winds and holds the snow once its
melted off the surrounding moorlands. Its a gem.
Aberdeen airport is the closest, but its a long drive from Northampton.
Mike