Old October 9th 03, 01:54 PM
Ace

Default Spanish resorts?

On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 15:28:02 +0200, "Iņigo" wrote:

hey, what do u think about spanish resorts? are they worth it? let me know.
have you ever been in the pirenees? Baqueira? Sierra nevada? cheers

Skied Bacquiera/Berets a few years back, when I was a strong
intermediate, and liked it quite a lot. It was late in the season so
some of the connecting runs were a bit slushy, but even so there
seemed to be a fair range and number of pistes. Not the biggest area
in the world, but not too small either.

I seem to recall an adequate number of mountain restaurants including
several[1] which were just tiny huts with a wooden terrace built
alongside. These were our favourite as they did the most wonderfull
bacon sarnies, referred to locally as 'Becon Boccadillos'. Not to be
missed if you go there.

[1] Or maybe just the one which we visited a lot. Like, just about
every day for a mid morning snack :-)
--
Ace (bruce dot rogers at roche dot com)