Old September 22nd 13, 03:52 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

Default Lone Pine to Mammoth in 9 minutes

On Saturday, September 21, 2013 8:39:07 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Never been in that part of CA, but now would really like to go there.

Not shown is the real desert south of Lone Pine, which is either 3 hours from Cajon Pass (the current formal south end of 395 - it used to be numbered all the way to San DIego before I15 was finished), or 3 and half from Palmdale (partly on SR14) (plus whatever time it takes to get to those points). My original quick directions from home to Mammoth - go north 7 hours on 395, then turn left.