Old September 20th 13, 05:09 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

Default Lone Pine to Mammoth in 9 minutes

Watching it, and another video showing the drive the other way, I was remembering my first trips down that road when it was mostly 2 lanes, and most of the 4-lane sections were in the towns. Local cops could pick off speeders trying to get around the trucks and RVs, especially on Sunday night southbound.

Now that the road is all 4 lanes except for about 10 miles north of Olancha, the CHP uses aircraft to pick off speeders out in the open country.