Old March 10th 09, 08:29 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Switters

Default The excuses thread

On Mon, 09 Mar 2009 21:29:38 GMT, Pip Luscher
allegedly wrote:

On Mon, 9 Mar 2009 16:06:48 +0000 (UTC), Switters
wrote:

[1] I was wishing I had my swallow tail with me, but it would have been
hard work on some of the run outs.

What does the swallowtail bit actually do? Is it stability?

As Champ says, but it only comes into effect if the snow is deeper than
the width of one of the tails.

Also, as the board is 180cm long and very stiff, it's really a "big gun"
for above tree line powder riding. Trying to make fast turns on narrow
paths that you get at the bottom of bowls, through the trees etc, can be
entertaining for everyone not riding it.

I probably wouldn't buy another one though and would instead go for
something like the Burton Fish or Prior Khyber.

But on those days when it's the right tool for the job, it's awesome.