Old December 4th 06, 11:57 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

Default How about a good pack?

Yabahoobs wrote:
I've been looking for a good pack too...

Seems like no packs have shovel pockets anymore...It's wierd.

So last year I was looking on ebay for a "Vertex" two-
way radio. The search came up with, in addition to a
few radios, Dakine Vertex backpack, new in wrapping.

The bid on it was $25 and there were about 5 days left.
I stuck a bid of $30 on it expecting nothing. At the
end of the time, I had a new pack.

This DOES have a shovel pocket, plus slots for shovel
handle and probe as well as other required pockets and
loops for skis. All in all a pretty good pack for the
price I paid. Oh yeah, it is hydration compatible.