Old February 8th 05, 02:33 AM
JQ

; wrote in message
In article ,
The Real Bev writes:
I don't see how crotch-rocket jockeys can do
it if they have to ride for more than an hour at a time.

Easy: Just accelerate. That takes the weight off of your hands.
I rode a Ninja 900 from Illinois to Colorado back in '88. My wrists are

OK,
but my ass is still sore. That's about the only time I ever thought that
having a Harley wouldn't be so bad.
I did have a tank bag to rest over which made the trip tolerable.

bruno.

I had two friends with their wives on back ride from McMinnville, Oregon to
Atlantic City, NJ to visit me. They took 7 days to get here and 10 days to
get back. They were both on crotch rockets Suzuki GS1100 (in the mid 80's).
Their biggest complaints were neck, shoulder, elbow & wrist pains. They
also had large tank bags to rest over and throttle cruise controls. They
also had ear aches from riding without helmets in states at the time that
did not have helmet laws. When I was in Oregon back then I did some riding
with out a helmet, it was OK at low speeds but when you get out on the open
rode it was havoc on the ears as the wind echoed in the ears. I never did
it again after that, I didn't like the feeling. I now have a fairing which
makes it easier to ride without a helmet at high speeds but it's illegal to
ride without a helmet here in NJ. I used to ride all winter on my bike even
in the snow. I remember one year while I was preparing my bike for a winter
ride up to NY and I was at bike shop buying some parts and the owner asked
me if I was going to put a fairing on and I replied, "I never rode with
one". He would let me leave the shop without buying one. He told me if I
didn't like it he would take it back! So, I bought one had it mounted and
never rode without one on my street bikes ever since. I could believe the
difference it made, no more sore neck, and arms, no more bugs in the face
and all over the chest. The best thing it was much warmer made winter
riding more enjoyable. Those were the days...

JQ
Dancing on the edge