Old February 7th 05, 11:45 PM
The Real Bev

"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote:

I think that my beemer's "standard" position probably allows for easier
flat-footing than a sportbike position, where you have to lean your body
forward. I wouldn't trust myself on most sportbikes, though I have a friend
who's 5'4 and rides them. But she has a lot more experience than I do.

Having to lean forward for 8 or 10 hours a day is intolerable. I put a
thingy on my Suzuki that moved the bars 3" back (J.C. Whitney is your
friend), but it wasn't enough. After several days of riding with
appreciable weight on my hands all the time my fingers were numb for a
couple of months. Scary. I don't see how crotch-rocket jockeys can do
it if they have to ride for more than an hour at a time.

--
Cheers,
Bev