Old December 14th 07, 10:47 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Excess

Default February Half-term - crowds

Flaine/Grand Massif is not, by any stretch of the imagination, a small
resort. In fact, it's larger than the other two you mention there. It
weighs in with 265km of piste, compared with 252km for l'Alpe d'Huez
and around 200km for La Plagne (Combined total of 425km for Paradiski,
and I've not got the old figures to hand, but I think it's about a
50/50 split between La Plagne and Les Arcs).

The rest of what you say is spot on, though.
--

Ace, thanks for clarifying as some people may indeed have had the
wrong impression but Samoens IS a small resort linked to a BIG ski