Old December 13th 07, 06:20 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Ace

Default February Half-term - crowds

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 11:09:20 -0800 (PST), Excess
wrote:

Why don't you just avoid the big resorts altogether. These will be
particularly crowded. La Plagne and Alpe d'Huez of your list will
probably be most crowded since popular with international clients and
the week of 16/02 is not only the Paris area of France it's all other
European countries too. Flaine or satellite resorts like Samoens
http://www.peakretreats.co.uk/ski/samoens.htm or Morillon
http://www.peakretreats.co.uk/ski/morillon.htm are even better from
that point of view.

Point of order!

Flaine/Grand Massif is not, by any stretch of the imagination, a small
resort. In fact, it's larger than the other two you mention there. It
weighs in with 265km of piste, compared with 252km for l'Alpe d'Huez
and around 200km for La Plagne (Combined total of 425km for Paradiski,
and I've not got the old figures to hand, but I think it's about a
50/50 split between La Plagne and Les Arcs).

The rest of what you say is spot on, though.
--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)