Old August 20th 13, 02:16 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Default Fanny pack for a bottle and more

Hi,

I searhced the group for ideas but most posts are quite dated and do not really cover what I have in mind.

When I roller ski, I usually carry a fanny pack that accommodates a V2 150 wheel (a spare) and a couple of small tools to put it on/off. I can't say how many times this saved the day. Now, I feel I could go longer and stonger if only I had water with me. Unfortunately, my fanny pack doesn't have a bottle holder. The ones that I see on the web (with a slanted bottle for easy access) don't look like their accessory pocket will hold much, unless it's a 2-4 bottle monstrocity with a whole chest in the middle. I don't really like the idea of a hydration pack as I don't like anything on my back during the summer. Also, too many parts to wash, maintain, arrange, etc.

So, if someone can recommend a waist pack with a bottle and a decent-sized pocket...