Old February 22nd 06, 06:45 PM

"Walt" wrote in message
lal_truckee wrote:
wrote:

I have a pair of second hand ski's(1080s). They have S810 bindings that
have been remounted for a smalled boot size. I can see the old filled
holes just at the back of the bindings. I wich to remount the bindings
to the original position for a larger boot. I intend to get this done
at a ski shop. However - is this possible? how long does it take?

It's possible. A good shop can mount and test in less than 1/2 hour IMO
IF they are not busy.

Problems:
Drilling out epoxied plugs may be difficult - the shop should use a drill
press; usually they freehand using a jig, and may not have a drill
press - the shop can advise you.
A binding is mounted to fit your boot, not to specific holes. Maybe the
holes are in the right place, maybe not - the shop can advise you.
If new holes are needed, they might be too close to existing holes
(weakening the ski) and remounting not recommended - the shop can advise
you.
The binding may not be indemnified any longer - if not, the shop won't
touch them - but they can advise you.

In other words, take them to your shop and ask them, not us - the shop
can advise you.

Well, he can find out the answer to the last question himself by looking
at the 2006 indemnification list:
http://www.nssra.com/2001/nssra/inde...cle&recno=2637
Salomon S810 seems to be on it.

As for the other issuses, the only way to tell is to have the person who's
going to do the work scope out the situation. Hole placement may be
problematic, maybe not. If it is, there are ways around it. Figure on
about 48 hours and 48 bucks as a reasonable guesstimate of time and
expense.

48 bucks for a remount?
Do they grease you up before they **** you? Maybe give you a kiss.
My shop works for thirty five. Lots less for me, of course, for two
reasons: I send them a lot of business, and I bring a half rack of beer a
couple times a year.
Gotta know how to motivate a shop rat.