Old January 21st 05, 01:50 PM

"Chris J." wrote:
Can you please say more about the Fuse? I'm thinking about getting one but
at about $150 USD I've hesitated to pull the trigger.

My local stores mainly sell Giro and Boeri, and Giro fit my head better.
Fit is vital. If a helmet is too loose it doesn't provide the protection
you seek. Too tight and you can get a headache.

After seeing the Fuse's venting system I decided it was the right helmet
for me from the options available locally. A lever near the top of the
helmet opens and closes vents on the top. The vents can be opened 1/2 or
fully. There are other vents that can be opened/closed with plugs.

I like the Oakley Wisdom goggle, but it and the helmet do not have a
perfect fit.

I bought my Fuse during an early winter sale. backcountry.com currently
has the 2003 Fuse on sale for $105 US in limited sizes and colors. REI
current has the Giro 9 on sale for $80 US.

Since I will probably replace it next year, perhaps with another Fuse, I
plan to look at other brands when I'm in Whistler and Colorado too see
what else is available and how well they fit just so I know what options
exist for me.

Dean