Old December 24th 09, 03:07 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
remove y

Default Gloves

In message , Colin Irvine
writes
I bought some Hestra gloves a year or two ago to replace my original
pair, and they've been warm enough up to now. However, they couldn't
cope with Tignes last week, -17C at resort level so goodness knows
what it was at the top in the wind.

I reckon I should be looking at some top-of-the-range mitts. What do
people suggest? Ideally tryable-on in the UK, but I'd settle for mail
order XLs.

I have a lot of trouble with cold hands and use mitts. One of the good
features is that on some you can get the inside lining out for drying.
Not sure about wrist protection though.
You'll need to look for snow boarders stuff for the best and make sure
you are happy holding your poles with whatever you choose.

Am using Level "half pipe mitt at moment"

They had a web site and a UK firm sold me what I use for a reduced end
of line price last year.

--
PK
pauldotkellyatmcbdotnet