Old December 14th 06, 01:14 PM posted to rec.skiing.backcountry
Ulrich Hausmann

Default Going off trail

Am Mittwoch, den 13.12.2006, 08:25 +0100 schrieb Martin Thornquist:
[ ]

On the knee issue, tele basically out?

Not neccessarily. I have bad knees, I don't dare to run much and going
steep downhill on foot (esp. with a backpack) can be hell, but tele
works fine for some reason. YMMV, of course.

Same here. I changed, following the suggestion of alpine guide and
friend of mine, to teleskiing exactly to safe my knees. No specific
accident, but consumed by years of agonism and by aggressive use of
shaped skis.

Now, with tele there is nearly no torsion in the knees, only up and down
(by muscles). But, the Patella for sure, has to be in good shape. For
all the rest i don't see bigger problems.

Cheers,

Uli