Old January 23rd 05, 06:27 PM
miles

Do any of these slopes have chair lifts that completely stop at the top
to make it easy for beginners to get off?

I've never seen such a lift. You can't stop completely because there
are other chairs coming behind. The closest to that would be a gondola
lift. The only beginner lift with gondola cars I can think of would be
at Telluride, CO. They have whats called a Chondola. Its a mix of
chairs and Gondolas on a very easy beginner run. You can take your pick
of using a regular chair or using the gondola car. It works very well
for beginners.

The other method for 1st timers is to find a ski area with a magic
carpet lift. I wouldn't worry too much about the lift though. Only
takes a few times to get the hang of it. What makes a huge difference
is having a friend thats a good skier help you off for balance the 1st
couple times.