Old March 11th 04, 09:57 PM
Terje Henriksen

Default Field Test - START Grip Tape

"Greg Fangel" skrev i melding
om...
(John O'Connell) wrote in message

. com...
I know there has been some discussion and conjecture on the newsgroup
in the past about the START Grip Tape. This past week in Sweden I had
a good opportunity to give it a try and I thought I'd let you know my
reaction. First of all it was the "hot product" in the Intersport and
Fliesbergs ski shops in Mora. Lots of buzz about it, people crowding

snip

John was nice enough to give me a container of this Start grip tape
that he obtained in Sverige for my trip to Norge. I'm leaving in a few
hours.

I talked to Armen at Finn Sisu ski shop in St. Paul, Minnesota and he
told me that the Start grip tape appears to be the same type of
product as Rex Power grip. That would be some sort of a polymer.

Last weekend I finally got the chance to make Rex Powergrip work for
me. I put it on VERY thin. It worked great in conditions from -1C to
+2C, 2cm of new snow over hard packed snow and some ice. My wife was
having a hard time with regular hard wax.

So if it's like Powergrip, then the Start tape might just work well in
near freezing and variable conditions.

Tried the Start Tape today on wet and fine-grained snow. Used too short
kick-zone so it was not successfull. Will try again tomorrow with longer
kick-zone. Bad glide. These conditions sucks. 3-4 degrees C.

But where have the yellow klister gone, the one normally used for wet,
newfallen snow? I couldn't find it in the shop.

--
Terje Henriksen
Kirkenes