Old November 30th 03, 11:35 PM
bdubya

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 13:15:45 CST, AstroPax
wrote:

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 09:27:59 CST, "John Smith"
wrote:

//snip//

what does it take for a first timer, intermediate skier, at best, to
have a great powder experience at Alta?

The same thing it takes for anyone else to have a "great powder
experience" at Alta. Timing.

The truth of the matter is this. With Alta lift-served skiing,
conditions are wholly dependent upon timing.

If a good *cold* storm happens to roll through just before your
arrival, or during your stay, then it will probably be good.
Otherwise, you will probably have to contend with the tracked-out
leftovers.

From what (painfully) little I've seen, it takes a few days for things

to get really tracked out. I'm guessing that if they book a lesson,
the instructor could double as a guide, getting them to whatever goods
remain and then teaching them to ski it. Am I wrong?

bw