Old November 30th 03, 05:29 PM
Monique Y. Herman

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 at 15:27 GMT, John Smith penned:
OK, it's a done deal. I'm taking my 12 year old son to Alta in
January or February 2004. We've never experienced powder deeper than
our ankles and only a couple of times at that. Nonetheless, my son
loves going through the trees and through anything resembling powder
(until he gets tired). So, this year I'm going to smarten up and get
him a helmet. And I'm going to take him to Alta for a surprise ski
trip.

Anyone care to share the who what when where why's and how's of
creating the potential for a perfect Alta ski vacation (just a couple
of days). Does it involve CAT rides, guides, lessons, special ski
clothes and gear, what, what does it take for a first timer,
intermediate skier, at best, to have a great powder experience at
Alta?

Looking forward to comments, suggestions, etc.

I'm not so hot in powder, but I do recommend taking lessons for it.
It's just a different experience.

Once in my life I've had "that feeling" that I believe you're supposed
to have when you're skiing powder properly ... it was amazing. Many
times in my life, I've had that feeling that you have when you're skiing
powder poorly ... and it sucked. Definitely take lessons so that you
can accelerate yourself towards the good feeling!

Just my opinions, and like I said, I haven't gotten good at it yet, so
maybe I'm wrong ...

--
monique