Old September 28th 03, 04:25 PM
Tim Dudley

Default Madshus go soft?

My experience with Madshus is that they tend to be soft to begin with.
Also, the bases are very sensitive to heat, so they're easy to burn. I
don't mind the first problem - I just bought stiffer skis. I do mind the
second problem, but have learned to work around it.

I probably put less than 300km a year on my skis, so at that rate it'd be
tough for me to wear them out. However, since your friend is sponsored by
Madshus, he undoubtedly puts more on them, and would have a better idea.

I'll stay with Madshus because I really like the way they feel and respond.
Also, I've had excellent dealings with them through my local ski shop (Greg
Christies's), and Norway Nordic in Montreal - both good places.

Tim

From: "Justin F. Knotzke"
Newsgroups: rec.skiing.nordic
Date: 28 Sep 2003 08:04:29 -0500
Subject: Madshus go soft?

Went riding with a friend yesterday and we got on the subject of Madshus
skis. He had been sponsered by Madshus for several years and said given the
choice he would go with Fischer because he found the Madshus to go soft after
two years.

Is this known to be somewhat true or is this merely his personal opinion?

Justin F. Knotzke

http://www.shampoo.ca
pubkey: http://www.shampoo.ca/jknotzke.pub