Old January 4th 07, 01:17 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Default Looking for cheap entry-level skate skis 205cm+

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
On Thu, 4 Jan 2007 08:21:52 +0100, "Jan Gerrit Klok"
wrote:

I must say I'd also wish longer skate skis existed. Why would length have to
top off at the ideal for a featherweight skier? Shorter is slower, or better

Rule of proportions are valid in every sport I've gotten to know,

Well, where I ski a lot they don't have specially wide trails for the
tall guys....

Even if they did, it wouldn't matter. Even with a long inseam, my
stride on a most extreme steep hill is probably only 1 foot wider, if
that, than an average height person. Probably the limiting factor for
really tall folks is available boots, more than too short skis.

More generally, could you try actually skiing on skis before
speculating on this sort of thing.

It's just a suggestion.

Somebody ****ed in JT's Wheeties! Probably one of those crazies over on
r.b.t! ;-) But Jan he's right, these things are interesting to think
about and ponder, but once you are out on a trail, it doesn't really
matter. So many other factors have so much greater a bearing on what
happens that it isn't worth worrying about.

Joseph